The saga with Diego Costa is still fresh in our minds, as the Italian manager told the striker he’s no longer needed at Stamford Bridge via text message at the beginning of the summer.
And now, Conte – again – is more than ready to show one of his big players who’s the boss.
David Luiz was left out of the squad against Manchester United on Sunday despite not being injured.
Ahead of the match, Conte said the decision was tactical, with 17-year-old Ethan Ampadu being on the bench in Luiz’s place.
“No, no. Tactical decision,” Conte explained when asked if Luiz had been dropped.
“There is Christensen in really good form and also we have [Ethan] Ampadu who is a good young player. The club like to play with the young player.”
After the match, Conte gave a very interesting response when asked whether the Brazilian had a future with the club.
“I don’t know [if he has a future at Chelsea],” said Conte. “He has to work really hard with the others, otherwise they are on the bench or in the stand”.
But what really happened between the pair?
According to the Telegraph, the duo clashed after the Brazilian defender questioned his authority.
Luiz also reacted with anger after Conte replaced him in the first fixture against Roma in the Champions League.
So, the former Juventus boss punished him in training ahead of the match against United.
The Telegraph’s report adds that Luiz was made to act like a ballboy after being exluded from a 11 vs 11 training match last week.
“Players were surprised that Luiz was left out of an 11 v 11 training game ahead of the visit of Manchester United and was effectively made a ball boy as he and Charly Musonda were left to kick a ball about on the sidelines.”
Wow, pretty harsh right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment